Welcome to Plant People, A professional Garden Design and Consultancy Service, working in a sustainable and organic way, wherever possible.
I am based in Shoreham-by-Sea, and currently work in Brighton and Hove. I prefer to work within a 20 mile radius of my home but I am happy to go beyond if you require my services.
Christmas, Birthday or Anniversary Gifts:
Gardening Monthly To Do's
Winter/ Early Spring ( Follow links to RHS Website pages)
Follow your own garden and intuition, as varies depending on your location.
December ( Ish) Some still relevant... depends on if your location / hibernation plan :)
1. Check your winter protection structures are still securely in place, maybe give small amount of water if very dry
2. Check that greenhouse heaters are working
3. Insulate outdoor taps and prevent ponds from freezing
4. Prune open-grown apples and pears (but not those trained against walls)
5. Harvest leeks, parsnips, winter cabbage, sprouts and remaining root crops
6. Deciduous trees and shrubs can still be planted and transplanted
7. Take hardwood cuttings
8. Keep mice away from stored produce
9. Reduce watering of houseplants.