Welcome to Plant People, A professional Garden Design and Consultancy Service, working in a sustainable and organic way, wherever possible.
I am based in Shoreham-by-Sea, and currently work in Brighton and Hove. I prefer to work within a 10 mile radius of my home but I am happy to go beyond if you require my services.
Birthday or Anniversary Gifts:
Gardening Monthly To Do's
Early Spring ( Follow links to RHS Website pages)
Follow your own garden and intuition, as varies depending on your location.
March / April
1. Protect new spring shoots from slugs
2. Plant shallots, onion sets and early potatoes
3. Plant summer-flowering bulbs
4. Lift and divide overgrown clumps of perennials
5. Top dress containers with fresh compost
6. Mow the lawn on dry days (if needed)
7. Cut back Cornus (dogwood) and Salix (willow) grown for colourful
8. Hoe and mulch weeds to keep them under control early
9. Start feeding fish and using the pond fountain; remove pond heaters
10. Prune bush and climbing roses
April / May