Welcome to Plant People, A professional Garden Design and Consultancy Service, working in a sustainable and organic way, wherever possible.
I am based in Shoreham-by-Sea, and currently work in Brighton and Hove. I prefer to work within a 10 mile radius of my home but I am happy to go beyond if you require my services.
Christmas, Birthday or Anniversary Gifts:
I will be part of the Artwave Artists open houses in August & September.
I have added Organic Ceramics to give you a glimpse of the garden sculptures & pots I create.
I have been creating a selection of new pots & sculptures and have Raku fired them with my friend & Sensei Ember Vincent.
More info & links to be posted nearer the time.
Gardening Monthly To Do's
Follow your own garden and intuition, as varies depending on your location.
1. Clear up fallen leaves - especially from lawns, ponds and beds
2. Raise containers onto pot feet to prevent waterlogging
3. Plant tulip bulbs for a spring display next year
4. Prune roses to prevent wind-rock
5. Plant out winter bedding
6. Cover brassicas with netting if pigeons are a problem
7. Insulate outdoor containers from frost –bubblewrap works well
8. Stop winter moth damage to fruit trees using grease bands around the trunks
9. Put out bird food to encourage winter birds into the garden
10. Use a seasonal bonfire - where this is allowed - to dispose of excess debris unfit for composting
1. Check your winter protection structures are still securely in place
2. Check that greenhouse heaters are working
3. Insulate outdoor taps and prevent ponds from freezing
4. Prune open-grown apples and pears (but not those trained against walls)
5. Prune acers, birches and vines before Christmas to avoid bleeding
6. Harvest leeks, parsnips, winter cabbage, sprouts and remaining root crops
7. Deciduous trees and shrubs can still be planted and transplanted
8. Take hardwood cuttings
9. Keep mice away from stored produce
10. Reduce watering of houseplants