Welcome to Plant People, A professional Garden Design and Consultancy Service, working in a sustainable and organic way, wherever possible.
I am based in Shoreham-by-Sea, and currently work in Brighton and Hove. I prefer to work within a 10 mile radius of my home but I am happy to go beyond if you require my services.
Birthday, Anniversary or Festive Gifts:
Blog / Garden Ramblings...
Good news I have decided to try to start a blog, to share information & images to give you a taster of whats growing now and what treasures you could have in your own garden.
So this is my first ramblings!
Welcome to my world of plants 💜
Autumnal delights: Misty mornings of dew laden spiderwebs was a spooky sight this week and made me excited at the thought of magical Halloween and beautiful bonfire nights.
This continues on the blog page, on Facebook or via an email if you would like to receive occasional seasonal inspirational info.
Art Work News:
I have added Organic Ceramics to give you a glimpse of the garden sculptures & pots I create.
I have been creating a selection of new pots & sculptures and have Raku fired them with my friend & Sensei Ember Vincent.
Gardening Monthly To Do's
Follow your own garden and intuition, as varies depending on your location.
1. Clear up fallen leaves - especially from lawns, ponds and beds.
2 Check for frogs etc and un-net ponds at first signs as they can get caught, injured or die when trapped.
3. Raise containers onto pot feet to prevent waterlogging
4. Prune roses to prevent wind-rock
5. Plant out winter bedding
6. Cover brassicas with netting if pigeons are a problem
7. Insulate outdoor containers from frost –bubblewrap works well
8. Stop winter moth damage to fruit trees using grease bands around the trunks
9. Put out bird food to encourage winter birds into the garden
10. Use a seasonal bonfire - where this is allowed - to dispose of excess debris unfit for composting
11. Check your winter protection structures are still securely in place
12. Check that greenhouse heaters are or insulate inside greenhouse walls bubblewrap, bamboo poles and tape works well!
13. Insulate outdoor taps and prevent ponds from freezing
14. Prune open-grown apples and pears (but not those trained against walls)
15. Prune acers, birches and vines before Christmas to avoid bleeding.
16. Harvest leeks, parsnips, winter cabbage, sprouts and remaining root crops
17. Deciduous trees and shrubs can still be planted and transplanted
18. Take hardwood cuttings
19. Keep mice away from stored produce
20. Reduce watering of houseplants