Experienced Gardener and Designer.
I have a passion for plants, gardening, design and teaching.
In addition to my formal training, I have over twenty years of practical gardening & design experience.
I am very keen to incorporate sustainable and environmentally friendly practices into the gardens I work on. This can be as simple as a bird feeder, a compost heap, a pond and a water butt, alongside insect & wildlife friendly planting and good garden aftercare.
Aside from my primary role as a Garden Designer and Consultant, I developed and for many years co-facilitated two therapeutic allotment gardening projects for the NHS / MIND and Southdown Housing. This has given me a real insight into the therapeutic and spiritual context of gardens, as well as the practical tasks of growing fruit, vegetable and flowers.
For more information please see the Services
Qualified Garden Designer
I am qualified in Gardening, Garden Design, Landscaping, Permaculture and Teaching.
- Continuing to study Organic & Biodynamics practices for looking at soil & plant health, using a holistic system with plant and soil tonics that work for long term soil regeneration and ultimate plant health.
- Twenty years experience of gardening, fifteen years self employed, with the majority of my work through client recommendation. I have worked with and mentored many other gardeners, during this time I developed specialist experience of organic, permaculture and biodynamic perspectives.
- Fifteen years facilitating therapeutic allotment gardening projects for adults with mental health issues. Six years creating and developing a successful therapeutic independent allotment project; enabling the individuals to rehabilitate into the community and run their own allotments.
- Five years teaching an organic gardening course.
- As an artist and sculptor the inspiration for the work I created comes from nature. See organic ceramics for more information and images.